Camp 2034 members placed the Union Valley Historic Marker.
Liberty Road off Deer Ridge Road, Fairview, TN.
Established in 1871 as one of three public schools in the 1st District, Union Valley School was first located 1 mile southwest in the Union Valley Methodist Church until 1900 when W.J. Hudgins gave land for a new building here. In time, Union Valley grew to a 3-teacher school with grades 1-10. In 1939 the students moved into a new building renamed Triangle, 1/2 mile north. The first trustees of Union Valley Methodist Church were Wm. McPherson, James, C. Sullivan, Wm. Hudgins, John Hendricks and Joslah Vaugn. The first church was log, replaced with frame in 1869. Eventually, the name was changed to Plessant Valley, which closed in 1961 to unite with Plesant Ridge Methodist as Westview Methodist Church at Triangle.